Rev. Dwight M. Lundgren
American Baptist Home Mission Societies
PO Box 851
Valley Forge, PA 19482
Work Phone: 800-222-3872 x2414
The Rev. Dwight M. Lundgren has been manager of American Baptist Personnel Services (ABPS) since October 2009. Before that, he served American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) for 10 years in Reconciliation Ministries as provider of resources and training in community conflict and mediation.
As has been the case since its inception, ABPS is the system that provides opportunities for professional church leaders and those in other mission endeavors to maintain a profile of their calling, work history, educational background and ministry vision. The profiles are a vital element of the placement work of churches, regions and other American Baptist Churches mission entities.
The work of ABPS, Lundgren says, is as “a partner in ministry and a partner in the future of mission leaders.” Such work is a reflection of the Apostle Paul’s prayer for the Philippians (1:3-5): “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you always in every prayer…because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.”
Lundgren is the father of two grown sons—one an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps and the other a logistician for Doctors Without Borders.
- Certification, Community Conflict Mediation, Ploughshares Institute, Simsbury, Conn.
- Academic Certification, Adult Psychotherapy, Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia
- Doctoral studies, Yale University, New Haven, Conn.
- Doctoral studies, Andover Newton Theological School, Newton Centre, Mass./Boston College
- B.Div., Yale University
- B.A., Religion and Political Science, Trinity College, Hartford, Conn.
Pastor of —
- First Baptist Church, Philadelphia, Pa.
- First Baptist Church in America, Providence, R.I.
- First Baptist Church, Branford, Conn.
- First Baptist Church, Shelton, Conn.
- Joined American Baptist Home Mission Societies as director of Reconciliation Ministries: 1999
- Ordained: 1969
- Birthday: June 20
|Download this document.|