Rev. Aundreia Alexander, Esq
American Baptist Home Mission Societies
PO Box 851
Valley Forge, PA 19482
Work Phone: 800-222-3872 x2430
Rev. Aundreia Alexander says Matthew 19:14 is meaningful to her: "Let the little children come to me and do not stop them for it is to such as these that the kingdom belongs." She explains, "In all the debates on Jesus’ teachings about helping others, it is clear that Jesus has a special concern for the poor and children. I am invested in being a good disciple of Jesus Christ, addressing the issues surrounding children in poverty."
Alexander's passion for justice combined with her law degree allows her to be a voice that works to transform structures and systems. She hopes the Children In Poverty Initiative of American Baptist Churches USA will put the spot light on the issue of poverty in America and spur the nation to right action.
"As a member of the Prophetic Justice team I have the opportunity to work on American Baptist Home Mission Societies' Children In Poverty Initiative," says Alexander. She also explains: "It is a travesty that there are children in poverty here in America. I am excited about being involved in a denomination-wide focus that will highlight and address this issue."
Alexander understands that God calls us to embrace an intercultural reality. She says, "While Christians understand the importance of respecting the integrity and uniqueness of all groups of people, we know we need to push forward toward a deeper understanding of what happens at deeper interpersonal levels in groups, teams and congregations when two or more cultures interact by engaging in mission."
Alexander says her favorite things are spending time with family and friends, anything that makes her laugh, movies and reading.
- M.Div., Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, N.J.
- JD, University of Missouri at Columbia, Columbia, Mo.
- BS, Accounting, University of Missouri at Columbia
- Director, Socially Responsible Investing for American Baptist Home Mission Societies of American Baptist Churches USA
- Consultant, American Baptist Ministers and Missionaries Benefit Board, New York, N.Y.
- Consultant, Elizabeth Port Presbyterian Center, Elizabeth, N.J.
- Consultant, National Council of Churches of Christ, New York, N.Y.
- Intern, Sakiziswai Christian Church, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Associate minister, Community Development Center, First Baptist Church of Lincoln Garden, Somerset, N.J.
- Assistant attorney general, Missouri State Attorney General’s Office, Jefferson City, Mo.
HOME MISSION HIGHLIGHTS:
- Ordination: June 25, 2005
- Home Missionary Commissioning: November 2001
- Joined American Baptist Home Mission Societies staff: August 2001
- Birthday: July 28
- American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ Intercultural Ministries seek to develop partners and leaders in the work of transforming individuals and communities through renewed thinking about ethnic groups and cultures. This work is building bridges of understanding for engaging in effective mission and transformation of society.
- For more information about the Children In Poverty Initiative, visit www.abhms.org.
|Download this document.|